Sunday, September 12, 2010

Some AWESOME quotes I have come across.

"People are of different spiritual temperaments and therefore will approach God in different ways." -- Huston Smith          I believe that every religion is right.  That we all pray to the same god. (or even gods.)  I understand that I can not comprehend God (everyone uses this, so it's just easier), and think I understand God better for that reason.

"truth is everyone 's going to hurt you, you just have to find the one worth suffering for." -Bob Marley 
        No one is perfect. 

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness." -The Dalai Lama               On FB I'm a fan of Random acts of Kindness.  They have awesome quotes like this one. 
...
"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details." - Albert Einstein

"I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart." -Anne Frank       
When I saw this I was floored (no need to worry,  I mean it figuratively.)  If she could feel this way I can get over that asshole who cut me off on my way to work.

"Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with. His mind was created for his own thoughts, not yours or mine." -Henry S. Haskins 
         I have a hard time explaining my spiritual feelings sometimes.  These quotes appeal to me because it cuts down the time of trying to explain, and it get's the thought across simply.

"What the mind sees clearly, the heart often clouds. Things happen as they happen..." Melanie Rawn.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde            Kind of a smack in my face.  Ok, I'm paying attention. 

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert Einstein        

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." -Albert Einstein

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." Ralph Waldo Emerson         

No comments:

Post a Comment