Monday, September 13, 2010

Motivation

People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
—Zig Ziglar



I was reading this article on how to get/stay motivated.  In the comments I came across some goal management sites.  I know my fiance is a huge fan of check lists, our drawers and surfaces become littered with them.  The problem with paper is it's easy to lose, and hard to edit with out starting over.

http://www.goalspalpal.com 
This site was good for a to do list, managing chores and projects.  You have the ability to add steps to each goal, and it has the intelligence to say, okay, here is what is next.  I think I would have liked it better if I hadn't seen the next site first.

http://www.goalhappy.com/
This site was cool because it was set up for daily, weekly and monthly goals.  It looked like the goals were reoccurring ones, so not good for one time items, unless you wanted to edit them out after completion.  As for creating and breaking habits it looked awesome.  Like meditating 15 minutes daily, drinking no more than 2 sugary drinks a week, etc.  Even cooler, if you have one of those smart phones, it had a free app to download.  You also had the option to share you success with friends to get further encouragement, or to be held more accountable.

                                                                              I wish there was a way to combine the two above ones!

http://www.goalsontrack.com/ 
this one has a free trial.  It looks like there are a lot of management options, including graphs.  Some one with true issues in time management and organization may get overwhelmed with the options, but some one who is just improving their productivity would most likely do well.  I think this product would best benefit someone who is already pretty highly motivated, but I haven't tried this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment