I am very excited about this picture to the left. I found it on a medical site, and it shows what those nerves are connected to. I have a list I will share of what each chakra involves, as far as I know.
The chakras forms a column in our bodies called the sushumna.
Chakra One starts at the base, and they work to the top.
This picture was taken from a site with more information than most people would need. But it covers a lot of information for people who pretty much already know everything I've posted here.
The following is very limited information. I intend to put up more information on each chakra at some point. These are the basics I got off a paper from taking various sorts of classes and my Reiki certification from a wonderful woman I know.
- is located at the base of spine/ perineum.
- It's color is red, corresponding note is C.
- Deals with grounding and physical identity.
- Body parts are legs, feet, bones, with the adrenal gland, large intestine, blood and building of cells.
- Malfunctions include obesity, anorexia, sciatica and constipation.
- is located bellow the navel and above the gentitals
- It's color is orange, corresponding note is D.
- Deals with sexuality and emotional identity.
- Body parts are gonads, womb, genitals, kidney, bladder and lower back.
- Malfunctions include sexual and urinary problems.
- is located by the solar plexus.
- It's color is yellow, corresponding note is E (if you haven't already, you will start to notice a pattern here)
- Deals with will power and self esteem
- Body parts include pancreas, adrenals, digestive system, liver and gall bladder.
- Malfunctions can be digestive problems, chronic fatigue and hypertension.
- is located by the heart.
- It's color is green, it's corresponding note is F.
- Deals with feelings of unconditional love.
- Body parts are thymus, heart, lungs, circulatory system, arms and harnds.
- Malfunctions include asthma, coronary disease and lung disease.
- is located in the throat..
- It's color is blue, corresponding note is G.
- Deals with communication.
- Body parts include thyroid, parathyroid, throat, ears and mouth, neck and shoulders.
- Malfunctions yield sore throats, neck and shoulder pain, and thyroid trouble.
- is located at the third eye.
- It's color is indigo, corresponding note is A.
- Deals with imagination, perception and intuition.
- Body parts are pineal gland, eyes, base of skull and brow.
- Malfunctions include vision problems, headaches and nightmares.
- is located at the crown of your head.
- It's color is violet and white.
- Deals with spirituality.
- Body parts include pituitary glands, the central nervous system, and the cerebral cortex.
- Malfunction of this chakra are depression, alienation and confusion.
This really is just scratching the surface, but it's a basic overview.