Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hiatus possibly over?

Okay, so I went on a little hiatus.  It gets overwhelming sometimes to organize my thoughts because I have so much to put up.  I actively started this 'journey' probably 3 years ago now when I took a Reiki course.  Since then I have become very interested in Eastern medicine, meditation, some-what actively pursuing my spirituality without being told what to believe, and improving myself.

I used to be very defensive, and I still am at times.  But when dealing with difficult people I can often distance myself from the situation, realize it is not personal, and move on.  Sometimes I can even feel compassion (sometimes) for these twits.  And a huge benefit is not carrying a giant stress ball around in my stomach that is actively attacking my insides and would like nothing better than to give me an ulcer. 

I have also come to terms with the fact that I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN HAPPINESS.  I thought I would be depressed on and off for the rest of my life, but I had learned how to deal with it, so I was ahead of the game.  And I also assumed it was the outside world and it's events that was causing it.  I highly recommend chakra work and if you have the opportunity shamanistic work.  I know how it sounds.  I'm not talking new age bull, I'm talking old school.  Like before TVs and cars and electricity.  I'm not talking about the bored housewife who has money to spend, but people who had a simple but complete way of life.  There is something to it.  It caught my attention when I noticed correlations between chakra information in a class I was taking and many people in my life.  Just keep an open mind, then decide.

I've thought about posting the journies I've done with the shamanic work, but I'm not sure that would be beneficial to anyone.  (I'm also not sure that it matters because I'm fairly sure very few people would ever read it.) I'd like to post a lot of things that I have found useful (and I have a ton of information), but it is hard to determine what is most relevant.  And this blog was started as more of a way to keep my thoughts together in case I ever want them that way, instead of sifting through a million things later, and possibly losing things I currently find important.  If it helps some one else on their 'journey' that would be great.  I guess it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment